Thursday, September 27, 2012

Chocolate Pomegranate Drops

Hello my friendly readers!

One of my favorite fruits is the pomegranate. It's like unlocking a treasure every time I cut into one.

Yes, it can be a pain to deal with all the seeds, but the result is oh so good.

If you are a chocolate fan like me, here is a recipe that takes the pomegranate to the next level. It's so simple anyone can make them and they are a fan favorite every time I make them.

Chocolate Pomegranate Drops

Ingredients:
1 large pomegranate
1 bag of chocolate chips or bits

To make:
1. Cut into pomegranate and remove seeds
2. Lay out seeds on a pan and allow to dry (just long enough so the water they were rinsed in evaporates)
3. Pour chocolate into a double boiler on medium heat(place one pot on a burner with a small amount of water in the bottom and place another pot on top.
4. When the chocolate begins to melt, stir until smooth.
5. Pour dry pomegranate seeds into double boiler with chocolate and stir (chocolate will curdle if the seeds are still wet).
6. Drop by the teaspoonful onto wax paper and put in the freezer for roughly ten minutes or until solid.
7. Store in a closed container in the freezer until ready to serve.

I usually buy three pomegranates and put the seeds into each kind of chocolate: milk, white and dark. All three are delicious.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. because how many grams of chocolate are in the average size bag you use? I have not seen many bags of chocolate chips where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The typical 16oz bag will do. Most of the ones they sell there are parve. They work, but the consistency will be a little different. You can also use real chocolate in bar form. It might work best. Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

      Delete
  2. I'm still waiting for my tree bark recipe... :)

    ReplyDelete